Saturday, October 04, 2014

Game Day - South Carolina

It's a beautiful October day on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.  It actually feels like fall.  And the football today has been something to watch.  I've been writing a sermon for church tomorrow, but I've taken a few breaks.  I've seen Mississippi State soundly beat a ranked opponent in Texas A & M.  I just watched Ole Miss beat #1 ranked Alabama.  Fans of all these schools go to church with us, so I'm predicting that the feeling at church in the morning will be mixed - some people super duper excited and some other people feeling very, very sad.

This is an unedited post, and I probably won't even proofread it because I don't want to give myself the opportunity to change my mind. I'm going out on a limb and hoping (yet again) that these upsets by a home team against a ranked opponent are a good omen for my Kentucky Wildcats.  Yes, my Kentucky Wildcats are playing at home in 5 short minutes.  Yes, they are playing South Carolina who just dropped out of the rankings.  Yes, the coach is Steve Spurrier and our record against him is a sad 20-1.  But I think we can win.

We've got 1 SEC win this season.  Why not 2?

Please, let me be one of the happy football fans at church tomorrow.

(Please, don't comment that my happiness should come from Jesus and not football.  I know, ok?)

No comments: