Wednesday, October 18, 2006

here i am!!

here i am!! i know all of my expectant and faithful readers have been wondering....or does anybody really read this??? who knows... anyway, i am still around. we have been having wireless internet difficulities for about a week now. i have absolutely no clue about how wireless works, but i find myself very upset and frustrated when it is not working. the old router died, we think, and the first replacement i bought did not work. so i bought a new one. it's working- so far.

and then there's my computer. it's dying. it is so SLOW!! i don't know how it works either, and it really bothers me. i wish i could fix it. it's always been a good computer until now. and it's only 4 years old....but they tell me that's old for a computer. i guess technology is moving too fast for me. maybe i will get a Mac next!

so what have i been doing with my time?? well, i went with ben and some of our friends to a Youth Specialties conference in Austin, Texas. i enjoyed it. it made me miss school. i think because i was in these seminars and learning things and i miss doing that. i know i'm a dork. then my favorite part of the conference was a lecture/sermon by Donald Miller (Blue Like Jazz - but my favorite is Searching for God Knows What). well, i actually had two favorite parts, because David Crowder led worship 3 times and i enjoyed that quite a bit. plus his band played Free Bird and that was highly entertaining.

and then since we've been back, ben had a birthday. his family came over for dinner and that was good. i know you're wondering what i gave him for a birthday present. well, i'll tell you. i gave him a DVD of Mama's Family season 1. do you remember that show? i didn't realize that Vint and Naomi weren't married when the show started, but it's not taking them long to hook up.

in other TV news, i've been watching Dancing with the Stars. if i really voted, which i don't, i would vote for emmitt smith. he looks like a nice guy. plus i only think of Saved By the Bell when Mario dances, but he will win. i don't think ben likes the show. "Does this come on every night?"

and in Maggie news....she is rowdy. she is biting everything she can, especailly my fingers. but i noticed she has lost 2 teeth, so maybe we are moving out of the biting stage. one can only hope. P.S. i've given up on the carpet business. she follows me everywhere and i've gotten tired of saying "no."

hope this satisfies all your curiousities, and that you rest easy knowing i'm still here...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! I must confess this is my first time commenting on a blog. I am a little jealous of your adventures for two reasons. One being that you got to go to Texas. You were like two hours from my family! Secondly, because you got to hear Don Miller. I once drove to Nashville to hear him speak. Anyway, I'm glad to know you are not without excitement in MS!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Emily! Thanks for your blog :-)
I enjoy hearing about the family :-)
It is refreshing to hear about the things that you all are doing and the places you go.
If there is a Petsmart around, get Maggie a dino bone made by Nylabone. Maxwell has two and just loves them :-)